ALL ABOUT ICELAND!
What is Iceland?
Iceland is a country that is known for their vast landscape features such as vocanoes, geysers, lava fields, and much more! Most of the population lives in the capital, Reykjavik, which runs on geothermal power and is home to the National and Saga museums, tracing Iceland's Viking history.
Iceland is often referred to as the land of Ice and Fire. The country's population is about 350,000 people and has about 40,000 square miles of ground area. Due to its large land and small nation, Iceland is one of the most sparsely popuated countries in Europe.
- Iceland was the last place on earth to be settled by humans.
- More then 60% of the Icelandic population live in the capital city, Reykjavik.
- There is no McDonald's in Iceland.
- Beer used to be banned in Iceland until 1989.
- Iceland's national sport is handball.